Last Updated March 21, 2019
The Information We Collect and/or Receive
In the course of operating the Site, and providing certain services, we will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
We collect contact information on our Site from visitors and Clients. Contact information typically includes your name, e-mail address, home address, mobile phone number (the “Contact Information”). The Contact Information is used to establish and authenticate or access an account, provide requested information or services (including an Estimate if you use our Property Estimate Tool), and to contact you in connection therewith. We do not collect any Contact Information from you unless you provide us with the Contact Information voluntarily (for example, by interacting with our Property Estimate Tool, through a Phone Interview, by registering on the Site, or by sending us an email).
During your Phone Interview, if any, you may provide us with certain financial information including, without limitation, an accounting statement (to show proof of funds), the amounts remaining on any mortgage you have taken on your home, how much you expect or desire to pay towards a down payment on your next home, and other relevant information (“Financial Information”). We do not collect your credit card or other banking information, nor do we collect any of the credit check information that our third-party mortgage lenders, or approved third-party mortgage lenders, may collect from you.
In addition to the Contact Information and Financial information, we may collect or receive additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
a.From Your Activity.
In order to provide you certain features and functionalities of the Site, and in an ongoing effort to improve our Site, we automatically collect certain information when you use the Site, and integrate it with your other devices and services. Such information may include, without limitation:
- Usage Information. IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on the Site, what sections of the Site you visit, etc.; and
- Mobile Device Information. Information about a mobile device, including universally unique ID (“UUID”), platform type and version (e.g., iOS or Android), carrier and country location, hardware and processor information, and network type.
- Calls and Text Messages. Calls between you and Homevize or between you and third parties made through Homevize (such as your Phone Interview, or if you use any contact information found on our Site), may be recorded or monitored for quality assurance and customer service purposes. You will be notified at the beginning of a call if it may be recorded or monitored. Homevize uses a third-party service provider to track phone calls and text messages between you and real estate professionals so that we and the real estate professional can access certain details about the interaction. As part of this process, Homevize and its service provider will receive in real time and store, data about your call or text message, including the date and time of the call or text message, your phone number, and the content of the text message.
We collect information using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a Site stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit to our Site. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Site and App. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Site may not function properly.
You may voluntarily provide us additional information about yourself that does not identify you personally, including information about your property, such as the condition of your home and the time frame in which you desire to move. Some of this information may be publicly available, and by using our Property Estimate Tool you are consenting to our collecting such publicly available information about your home and using it in connection with the information and services that we offer.
d.Third-Party Mortgage Lenders.
We work with third-party mortgage lenders (or permit you to work with your chosen third-party mortgage lenders) to underwrite our Clients, appraise your home, and ensure your solubility. You hereby authorize us to obtain information from such mortgage lenders which may include an approval letter or certification of solubility, a pre-approved loan amount, the home appraisal amount, and related information. Other than the information listed herein, we do not and will not have access to any other financial information that you provide to the mortgage lender.
Below is a list of analytics providers that we use; however, such list may be subject to change based on how we wish to understand the user experience. You may use the accompanying links to learn more about such providers and, if available, how to opt-out from their analytics collection:
- For Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics
- For FullStory, please visit https://www.fullstory.com/optout/
- For Google Tag Manager, please visit https://policies.google.com/privacy#infochoices
Information Collected By Or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
Below is a list of advertising/remarketing providers that we use; however, such list may be subject to change. You may use the accompanying links to learn more about such providers and, if available, how to opt-out from certain data collection, their targeted ads or other personalization features. Please note you will not necessarily be opted-out of advertising or content generally; you may still receive generic ads or content.
For Google Adwords, you can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page at https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated, and if you want to, you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
For Facebook, you can set ad preferences by following the instructions here:https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217.
In addition, you may opt-out of interest-based advertising by participating providers by visitinghttp://www.networkadvertising.org and http://www.aboutads.info/choices for details on how to do so.
How We Use and Share the Information
You authorize us to use the Contact Information and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide the Site and the services and to improve the same, to send related information such as confirmations and listing emails; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our products, promotions and services and those of our promotional partners.
You also authorize us to use and/or share Information as described below.
- We may, from time to time, share and/or license Information with or to other companies, who may provide you information about the products and services they or their partners offer. However, to the extent required by law, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of such sharing.
- We will access, use, and share the Information as required to fulfill our obligations to you and to address your questions or requests regarding our services and/or support.
- We may, from time to time use or share your Information to send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages.
- We may, from time to time use or share your Information to detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Homevize and others.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include our inspectors for Home Visits, our real estate agents to perform home tours, third-party mortgage lenders to provide certification as to your solvency, technical assistance, customer service, phone call and text tracking and marketing assistance. In particular, Homevize uses a third-party cloud hosting provider to store user Information and configurations. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our customers, Site and our services, we may analyze certain Information in anonymized and/or aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Site, and services. This anonymous information does not identify you personally. We may use this anonymous information, and share and/or license it with and to our affiliates, agents, business and promotional partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose anonymous user statistics in order to describe our services and business to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
Sharing of Your Personal Information with Non-Affiliated Third Parties
We will not share your Contact Information with non-affiliated third parties that may use such information to market to you, without obtaining your opt-in consent. For example, we may offer you a product opportunity that requires us to share your Contact Information with non-affiliated third parties that may use such information to market to you. We will obtain your opt-in consent to such sharing of your Contact Information when we present you with the terms of such offer. If you have opted-in for this kind of sharing, then you may: (i) choose to opt-out of such sharing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or (ii) request certain information regarding our disclosure of such Contact Information to such non-affiliated third parties by contacting us at email@example.com.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect your Contact Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Contact Information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet.
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
If you have an account with Homevize you can select your preferences through your account settings. You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Homevize marketing email. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases.
Important Notices to Non-U.S. Residents
The servers used in connection with the operation and use of the Site are operated in the United States and elsewhere. Please be aware that your Information, including your Contact Information may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Site, you do so at your own risk.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with we may choose to opt out of our sharing your Contact Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Contact Information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, Homevize does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
Government and Private Party Information Requests
Homevize occasionally receives various forms of legal process from government agencies and private parties requesting information about Homevize users. Before we produce information, we will attempt to notify affected users and give them an opportunity to object unless notification is prohibited by law or if we believe that notification would create a risk of harm or be otherwise counterproductive.
How to Contact Us